Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Four and a half days to go...

Hey everyone!  Not that I'm counting down the days or anything but this is an expensive city to be in and while I'm enjoying it I can't help but be ready for some rest after I'm done here.  Yesterday we had some free time in the morning due to some rescheduling, so I joined a group of people visiting the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery.  Both housed quite a few paintings created throughout the history of the UK.  The art gallery has paintings from a ton of artists, both famous and unknown (to me, at least...).  I found the art gallery more interesting than the portrait gallery, since most of the people depicted where famous people from a history I can't say I'm familiar with.

We also visited HMP Pentonville Prison, which houses prisoners serving short term sentences as well as prisoners beginning long term ones.  As it was built in the early 1800s its pretty old, and it still has some features left over from its Victorian roots.  I have visited several prisons as a CJ major but I'm pretty sure this was the oldest one I have been in yet.

As I said this city can take its toll on you, so I'm almost ready for some peace and quiet after all this is done.  Stay tuned for some more updates from across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment